New recycle carts arrive October 2012!
No more sorting, bending or lifting – your new recycling carts will have two wheels for easy maneuvering and a lid to keep things tidy and dry. The extra space will make recycling easier and provide you more room for storage – a true win-win – for residents.
What goes in the blue cart?
• Paper, newspaper, magazines & paperboard
• Flattened cardboard
• Plastic bottles and containers #1-7
• Glass bottles and jars
• Aluminum, tin and other lightweight metals
What doesn’t go in the blue cart?
Place the following items in the black refuse cart:
• Styrofoam blocks or foam to-go containers
• Lightweight plastic such as plastic bags and cling wrap
• Food or food contaminated containers
• Yard waste or wood
The flowing items cannot be disposed of curbside. Please call the office at (909) 585-2565 for disposal options.
• Electronics or batteries
• Dirt, rock, tree stumps
• Wood more than 1.5 inches in diameter
• Metal objects
• Construction debris, including carpet
• Concrete or asphalt
• Fluorescent lights
• Hazardous waste including batteries
Eligibility: All CSD refuse customers are eligible to receive curbside recycling services. Recycling is now mandatory in the Big Bear City CSD area, and recyclable materials cannot be placed in your trash cart.
Placement: Recycling is collected the same day as trash and should be place out for collection only when full. To ensure collection, all District provided carts must be placed street side by 6:00 a.m. on collection day. Carts are to be placed at least three (3) feet from any obstruction such as other carts, mailboxes, vehicles, fences, etc. with the handles facing the house.
Material collection: Recycling should be placed loose in the cart. No plastic bags. Cardboard boxes should be broken down and placed inside the cart.